Cabling & Fiber
With more than 30 years’ experience Alabama Interconnect can help you design, implement and maintain all types of network and voice cabling infrastructures:
- Cat 5
- Cat 6 – common standard now for wired networks and will be for a good while – could optimize the performance of your network
- Single mode
- Aerial and Burial
Customized Data Racks
Enclosed / lockable
We are here to help you plan your next project with questions like:
- Where and how many devices at those locations?
- What types of data will you be exchanging and applications being used to determine what speeds/bandwidths need to be accommodated?
- Distances of cable runs and size of facilities?
- How much growth do you anticipate in the numbers of users and devices?
Demand for bandwith has done nothing but increase over the years and will continue to.
- Will you be using existing cabling?
- What type conveyance was it?
- Cat 5, Cat 6, Fiber, coax?
Where can server room and wiring closet be appropriately located? Environment matters:
- Copper wiring: sensitive to RF interference & MEI
- Fiber: sensitive to dust.